Writing a Resume
Can your resume pass the 10 second scan?
Only 2 out of every 100 resumes result in job interviews. If your resume is too long, wordy, full of spelling errors, or cluttered it will get filed — right into the garbage can.
You will create an award winning resume that will help you get a job now!
Your resume must contain the following sections
- Your name - address - contact info
- Profile (not an objective)
- Work Experience
- Activities and Community Involvement
- Computer Skills
- References (3 min)
You cannot use a template for your resume - 2nd years cannot use last years resume (you must redo - you can use last years resume for reference).
Sample Resume for CSB
First and Last Name
655 North Third Street
Central Point, OR 97502
(541) 949 — 6300
- Professional points from the Resume Profile will highlight your professional qualities
- Think of the profile as a professional representation of yourself
- Insert your profile from our profile assignment.
- You need to have at least 5 bullet points or sentences
- Yes, that's right - 5!
crater school of business innovation and science - Central Point, OR
Senior Status. Graduating June 2017
- Currently attending the Crater School of Business, Innovation, and Science with an emphasis on business education through a two-year co-curricular program that integrates
business subjects with computer technology, global studies, English, economics and participation in an extensive internship placement.
- Do not just copy the above - rewrite in your own words
- 2nd Year should consider adding information about last year's International Marketing Plan
List your most current job first - this can include internships
For each employer, provide a brief statement that details the scope of your responsibilities. Then, create a bulleted list of your top contributions
SONIC Drive in — Central Point, Oregon — June, 2015 - August, 2015
- Oversee grill operations and provide impeccable customer service
- Operate cash register and contribute towards corporate accounting functions through accurate cash handling
childcare — Central Point, Oregon — June, 2014 - September, 2016 (ongoing)
- Ensured safety and security for children of multiple ages, provided healthy meals, and engaged children in learning activities
- 2nd Year - Don't forget your internships!
activities and community involvement
- Crater Varsity Volleyball, 2015, 2016
- Crater DECA, 2013 - 2014 - 2015
- Intermediate Swine Showman, Jackson County Fair, 2015
- Community 101, 2016
Save as resume in your Tri1 folder